3.22.2010

I was wondering if you would like to join me in my quarters this night, for some toast.

Toast.
It's big in our house right now.

My kids have never had it before, but I surprised Rex with a toaster for Valentines Day.  I didn't want to brag about it before, because I'm so romantic.  Sorry to make you feel inferior.
We take our toast with margarine and "cimanim" sugar.  Sometimes jam.  Real butter when it's soft.  Some chips if you have 'em.

It is a well-known fact that my grandma makes the best toast ever.  I'm not sure how she does it.  I've made toast myself at her house with her bread and her toaster and her butter, and it doesn't taste the same.  She must have a secret ingredient.  Maybe love...

I've been making a lot of toast lately, though, and I think I'm picking up a few pointers. 
1.  Real butter.  Real.  Butter. 
2.  Put the toaster darkness gauge at one dot past the 2. 
3.  Butter it when it's hot.  With real butter.  But not too much, or it will get soggy.
4.  Butter it with love.

OK, fine, so I don't really know how she did it. 

But we like toast. 
With butter and love.

3 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

I eat two pieces of toast every morning before I go to work. Next time I make it I will think of your family.

Sarahie said...

Mmmmmm....cimanim sugar. I'm going to try that tomorrow!

Erin said...

try it with honey...melted butter and honey, does life get better? I submit that it does not!