10.04.2009

Ever have one of those days?

You know, the kind where you take your kids to the store and they drive you ca-razy because they promise in the car that they will behave and that whole bargain falls apart as soon as you step in the doors? But you have to stay because you reeeally need to buy some milk, and a dresser? And check out the clearance aisle? And your son manages to give you a monster cardboard cut when he tries to throw a cardboard wrapped fleece blanket into the cart, and you deflect it, and then you have to grab a bandaid one-handed while blood drips down your finger, and you are on the breakable dishes aisle because that's where you stopped to get the bandaid, and your kids are running around touching everything? And the baby is crying? And your husband has been gone all week studying for a monster test? And he did the same last week? And he has to do the same next week? And you want to get some popcorn chicken for lunch, but the deli is seriously OUT?!? Like, until next week? And so you eat granola bars you dug out of your purse? And you skip naptime? (Why do you do that again?) And you forgot to put dinner in the crockpot, so you make mac and cheese instead? And your husband has to go back to school and do more studying? And you don't get any mail? And bathtime is particularly wet? And bedtime is particularly noisy? And you've yelled a lot, so you feel particularly guilty? And tired? And wet? Ever have those days?






Yeah, me too.





And when I have those days, it's nice to read things like this post. Or this other one. Because then, those days seem pretty good.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hate those days too!

Brooks said...

How did you know what my day was like??

To quote the great Alexander, "I think I'll move to Australia."

MANDY said...

We all do have those days, Jeigh. Thanks for sharing those uplifting blog posts with us. They were awesome. Someone told me a while back that when I feel completely frustrated or bummed out about stress or what's missing in my life - to just find one thing to thank the Lord for....and I can always think of one - my healthy kids. I always feel better after I remember that blessing. :)

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

I have those days too. I think everyone does. It's hard being a young mother with a husband who (not by his choice) is so unavailable to help out. Hang in there! When those days come, I just don't even try to do my house work, I just concentrate on staying calm around the kids. Then when Kerry comes home and I'm sitting in a quiet house that is all tornado struck, calmly eating my ice cream, I can confidently say, "DOn't ask!"

Evelyn said...

Sometimes I am actually grateful we don't have two cars so I can kind of avoid these situations. Wow! But even still, As you were explaining this I thought now why does that sound familiar?? Haha! Thanks for making me cry reading those other blogs. Sheesh! Now I feel like a total bum for whining earlier. No, I need to read that kind of stuff. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Luanne Hardy said...

You know I don't have kids but I always have one of those days. I can definitely feel your pain of not seeing your husband and missing him. *sniffle Those were some really good blogs, though.

Yo Mama said...

Oh mama, I thought I was reading an entry out of my journal. I get especially bugged with the very wet bath time. I have yet to find a cure for the no splashing. AND! I'm tired of the studying for the test all the time stuff, too. You know that it is necessary and inevitable, but it still stinks. Sometimes when I am having a tough day like that I call crying to my mutha. It's the only thing that makes me feel better. Well, not the only thing. Candy helps a lot.

Ryann said...

Ah yes, those days! I have those days and then when they are all in bed, I stare at them while they sleep and I'm reminded why I love them and would do anything for them.

Thanks for sharing those other stories. WOW, is all I can say. So sad what other people go through and it helps me to feel so much better.

Sarahie said...

Oh, thank you for sharing those posts. I needed them. I think that is one of the great things about blogging: It gives an opportunity to share our own uplifting moments and to be uplifted by others. (does that make sense?) Anyway, I love you...I've had days like that too...You can always come over here for cookies. =)

Suzi Hardy said...

Yeah, that day sounds familiar to me too, only with differernt content...as I am not fortunate enough to have kids at home anymore. Still, dad can get the bathroom pretty wet when he showers, as long as you have a husband you will always have at least one child at home! JK...kind of.
I miss being able to share those days with you, with all of my kids...sigh.

Kyerra said...

I love your blog, Jeigh! You are so creative with how you say things! *^^*