9.19.2009

Jett is 3!!!

I remember so well the day Jett was born. I'll cut right to the end of the story: The nurses thought it was really ironic that we named him "Jett", and my family was really suprised to get a phone call saying he was here a mere 45 minutes after we dropped off the girls at their house.

You get the point. My little rocketman.

When he was born, I got a strong impression that I was seeing him again after a long seperation, like I was reuniting with an old friend, and it wasn't until then that I realized how much I had missed him. The nurses would bring him into my room at night when he was fussy, and as soon as I picked him up, he would be still and stare at me. I think he missed me, too.


Jett is not hard to please. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner, he said, "Oh, I don't know...maybe salad?" We settled for pizza. He picked a sprinkly cake with sprinkly frosting.

I tried to take pictures of him with his presents, but he's not much for the posing. He got a friendly monster that he named "Fright". That's pronounced "Fwight", in case you were wondering.

He loves Fwight.


And spwinkly cake.
Here's a look at the last 3 years with Jetty Spaghetti:









Happy Birthday, buddy! I love you!!

8 comments:

Suzi Hardy said...

ahhh...I wish I was there. *weep* He is SO STINKIN SWEET! and even a bit crazy-busy.
Happy Birthday Jetty...now STOP growing!

Erin said...

Aw...I love Jetty. He was my buddy when we were visiting. Love him! He is SO cute! Love you, Jett! My absolute FAVORITE nephew in the whole world! (yes, I am the only one in the family that can say that!)

Evelyn said...

What a sweet post Jeigh! Happy Birthday to Big BOy Jett!

Evelyn said...

His birth story is one I like to tell the tale to people! "You think that was fast, you should hear about my friend Jeigh..."

Sarahie said...

Oh, I love Jetty too. He is such a sweet fella! I remember watching him just stare at you and thinking, "Wow, he really loves his mommy!" Also, I remember I got to spend most of the day with you the day he was born because you knew he was coming that day and called me to watch your girls in the morning. I love being your sister! And I love being Jett's aunt! Happy Birthday!

Luanne Hardy said...

I can't believe that Jett is 3!! I remember when he was born too. I remember thinking...wow this is my first neice/nephew to be born while I was around. If that makes any sense at all. I love him so much and I miss you guys. Tell him Fatty and Wuwanne say Happy Birthday!

Monika said...

Oh how the time flies! He is such a cute boy!

Ryann said...

Happy waaayyyy late birthday Jett! He is so cute and I just love that picture of him in the tub. Priceless face. Oh, and the one after he was born. The look on his face is like, "WOW, now that was fast!" Love it and I'm glad that he enjoyed it.