With her new age, Jenna has gained many privilages. Later bedtime. A watch.
Aaaand, lots of other things that she likes to brag about. "Halle, when you are six, you will probably get to help cook dinner, too." Or, "Jett, when you are six, you will probably grow tall like me." (Thanks, Jenna, for reminding them over and over that they are not six yet.)
Aaaand, lots of other things that she likes to brag about. "Halle, when you are six, you will probably get to help cook dinner, too." Or, "Jett, when you are six, you will probably grow tall like me." (Thanks, Jenna, for reminding them over and over that they are not six yet.)
For Jenna's birthday, we came across this cake, and I was dying to make it. It was really fun and easy, and it just made me so happy to look at it. And eating it was fun, although I gotta say, that's a lot of cake, people.

I want to make it again, and try a different frosting, because this one wasn't stiff enough, and my rainbow started running off the sides. I had to put it in the freezer until we were ready to eat it. And frozen Skittles could very well break teeth, ya know? But Jenna loved it.
And we had a good day. 
And we had a good day. 
Now, go pick a sentimental song to listen to whilst you scroll through some pictures of Jenna through the (*last six* sniff*) years:












Happy Birthday, Jenna Jean Machine! I love you!
10 comments:
I just found your blog (thanks for the comment), and that cake is AMAZING!! I've been watching Ace of Cakes for awhile now and have been admiring outstanding cakes more than usual. Kudos, I'm in awe.
Jenna! Happy Birthday, girlfriend! Hope it was the most awesomest birthday in the world!
Jeigh, that cake was so cool! I want to try it now! Imagine what we could do for the fourth of july...or christmas! ooh! i'm getting goose pimples. Good job. And also, do you think that if you used M&M's instead of skittles that it might not break your teeth after it comes out of the freezer? I'm gonna try that. I'll let you know how it goes. Love you!
Very nice cake, was a long process to make? How fun to post pictures of Jenna through the years!! You are a good mommy!
Jenne Jean Happy Birthday! Your cake was awesome; tell your mom she did such a good job! I can't believe you are six. I love you so much and wish I was there to tell you happy birthday in person.
I am a visitor from Calico. Congratulations! :)
I just wanted to say that cake was AWEsome!! My 4 year old just got a rainbow cake from costco last weekend. She will never see this one, so she won't know what she's missing. I know just enough to know I could not do that!! :)
Happy Birthday Jenna! Glad to hear that she had a good birthday and I'm also glad to hear that she is so "grown up" with her "grown up" remarks to her siblings! Gotta love the oldest child.
Nice job on the cake, BTW. Way cute!
Such a cute cake idea. And Happy Birthday Jenna!
Great cake! and the pictures were such an astounding walk through memory lane. Where does the time go?
Wish I could have been there for the party.
Happy birthday Jenna, and STOP GROWING UP!
What a totally AWESOME cake!!! I have got to make me one of those!!!! It was HUGE-O!!!! All the pictures brought back so many memories! I LOVED Jenna from the day she was born and thought for sure she would remain my most favorite niece EVER!!! I cannot believe how much she has changed over the years! My most Favorite picture is of her with her hand in her pants asleep on the couch!!! LOL! LOVE IT!!!!
Can i have the recipe for your amazing cake my little ones 6th birthday is coming up and i think she would like it! How is School going for you all!
Post a Comment