Question for ya...
How did this:
Oh, that's right. I blinked.Thanks for all the well wishes and phone calls about Jenna's first day of school. I feel so loved. She was on the list for the school we wanted, although they didn't have her records, since we registered at the other school first. Phew!
As for Jenna, well, she did pretty good. For her, I mean. On the way to drop off the other kids at Sarah's house, she was really chatty and cheerful. As soon as I got back in the car, though, she was pale and wide-eyed and silent. As we got closer and closer to the school, her brow got more wrinkly and her skin took on a delicate shade of green. That's when I tried to take another picture in front of the school. This is what I got:
And that's pretty much how she walked into the school. And into the lunchroom, where the classes line up. Then, I said goodbye, and she couldn't hold it in anymore. She started crying and wrapped her arms around my neck and would. not. let. go. I always feel bad when I have to pry her away. And then pry myself away. But, in true Jenna style, she was fine as soon as she got to her classroom.
Of course, we've done the prying part every day this week. But that will get better. I'm so proud.
11 comments:
Oh! You made me tear up a little.
I cannot believe how big she is, wow!!
Way to Go Mommy! Today is Maddy's fourth day, and I still get a little choked up when I say goodbye!
Oh, you made me a little teary-eyed too! She's a brave girl like her mommy!
Oh Jeigh, it is so hard. Heck, Aftyn is in first grade and I STILL get all teary-eyed watching the bus pull away. Of course, she is more than happy to leave and has been since school started (from Kindergarten and now 1st grade) but me, well, I have a hard time letting go. I miss my baby!
You both have done excellent and she looks so cute in front of the school. I'm glad that things have worked out for you guys!
hey Jeigh! My thoughts of you today landed in the "I'm going to call her" arena, but unfortunetly didn't stay there long enough to act on it. I've been thinking about you and Jenna, and I am so relieved to read that everything is worked out. Hopefully Jenna will adjust quickly, and life will go on!
Next time my thoughts of you come in the "I'm going to call her today" arena, I will keep them there until I do it, K? love you!
Jenna looks so grown up in that picture. I can't believe she is in school. Before we know it she'll be going to prom!
Oh! So sad and cute at the same time. I keep thinking that I can't wait until my kids go to school, but the closer it gets, the more I think I can wait! They just grow up so stinkin' fast!!! She looks adorable though, and SO OLD!
Good job, Mommy Jeigh! It does get better, and the best part is knowing that she does okay when you finally do part ways. You know she's making friends and having a good time.
She really is so grown up it's crazy! She's just darling and so is the story that goes along with it - so sad to pry her away but I'm glad she recovered.
The first kid is the hardest...Just joking, each one is just as hard. There something to look forward to. How did Jenna grow up so fast? Better watch out the others are growing just as fast.
Ouch.
Post a Comment