6.18.2009

A cautionary tale

If the hot water faucet in your bathtub ever breaks loose, making it nigh unto impossible to turn off the scalding hot water without throwing all your weight against it and twisting at the same time, all the while shoving a curious toddler back with one of your feet, BEWARE:


Your kids will still have to be bathed. They know this. They will force their hand, and require bathing in the master bathtub. The big one in the corner of your room. The one you don't let them climb in, because it is filled with spiders. And also, because it's yours.



They will love it. It will be all they have dreamed of and more. After all, in a giant tub, you can swim like a dolphin. Or half-drown your sister. So much fun in a giant tub.


Kids who love giant tubs will do anything to get more baths in the giant tub. Eat suckers. And peanut butter and jelly. If that doesn't work, they move to the old standby...
Dipping their heads in mud puddles. That should do it. That does do it. This boy likes himself a bath in the giant tub.

6 comments:

Erin said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh Jeigh! I could just die looking at that picture! SUCh a boy thing to do! and I absolutely love that he is also wearing a clip on tie with his t-shirt. TMMLSH!!!

Sarahie said...

I have to agree with Erin. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! TMMLSH too! Your kids are so funny.

*Sheigh* said...

OMG!!! My kids would do the same thing! They love to take baths! LOL I love that he is wearing a clip on tie with his tshirt and muddy hair! LOL Great touch!:)

Yo Mama said...

He's a real sneak, isn't he? I don't if I would have been as original as to have put my head in the mud puddle. I would have stuck with something more boring. You know, using my popsicle as deodorant. Or using my body as a coloring book. Genius. He deserves a bath for the creativity alone.

Ryann said...

That's an awesome picture of Jett-especially his tie. It totally completes the outfit! :-)

When are you guys coming this way? I didn't know that you were! Travis, I'm sure, will be super thrilled and want to see his "Rexy!" Yellowstone would be awesome. It was a lot of fun and just so beautiful. When you come, please call or let us come by and see you guys, even though I know you will be busy. That's how it is when you move away. EVERYONE wants you!

Suzi Hardy said...

Jett...Allen...Meredith! Hahahahahahaha! What a crazy kid. He looks like his dad and he acts like him too. (sung to the end of the Happy Birthday song)