
Just in case you didn't know, this is what a monster tick looks like after it's been sucking blood for approximately 8 days. And that's Mike's manly finger, not my dainty little one. Just to put it in perspective for you.
I discovered this beauty on Sunday when I was stroking Jenna's head. After much freaking out on her part when she heard the words t-i-c-k and t-w-e-e-z-e-r-s, Rex, Mike and I were able to subdue her and get to work.
If you were wondering, most of those techniques they tell you to try to remove a tick don't work. We tried most of them. Rex made good friends with Google.
In the end, all was well. I could do without that experience again, to tell the truth, but next week is my birthday, so we'll see what Jenna has planned.
10 comments:
That looks like it didnt feel very good! Hope its getting better!
Happy Birthday!:) Love ya!
That is GROSS!! What a good mommy you are to pull that thing out. I hope you got it all. I remember getting one of those pulled from my head when we lived in N.J. Mostly, I remember my mom saying " I don't know if I got it's head." Not the best thing to hear when you are five! IT might still be in there!!
By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
I am barfing in my mouth right now.
Ah, good times, good times! I think I would have been freaking out as much as Jenna was! Ew.
Oh my, that is awful! Poor little girl. I always freak about stuff like that happening (but you know how I am anyways about bugs and sickness). I'm glad that you were able to get it out and now Rex has some good practice in for when someone comes to see him when he is a PA!
Ya, that's gross. I want to know what ended up working.
What a thoughtful, sweet little girl! Calvin wanted to give Noah a puss-filled big toe, but I made him give Noah Nacho Libre instead. I guess I was wrong. We would only be so lucky to have a monster tick.
Uhhhhhh, thanks for spoiling my appetite!
Wow! that is amazing how huge that sucker got! So what did you do to get it out? did tweezers do the trick?
Oh my gosh that makes me want to go scour my childrens bodies like a mamma chimpanzee.
eeeew!
Post a Comment