For dinner we had pizza and cupcakes. But they were special. The cupcakes were really meatloaf with potato frosting, and the pizza was a fruit pizza. APRIL FOOLS!


Clever me.
I told the kids, "Since you were all so good while I was making dinner {APRIL FOOLS!}, we should eat our cupcakes first tonight!"
It didn't play out like I thought it would. Jenna refused. Emphatically. Halle follows Jenna in all things. Jett was picking his nose and not listening.
I needed someone on my side.
"Jett, wouldn't you like a cupcake right now!?" Success. Of course he would. He doesn't care about rules like Jenna and Halle.
"Jett and I are going to have cupcakes first. How about you girls?" Jenna refused. Halle wavered. I went in for the kill.
"Halle, wouldn't it be fun to be sooooo silly and have a cupcake before our boring old pizza? I will never let you have dessert first again. Take it or leave it. Now. Now. Now." I got her. Yesssss. (like Napolean Dynamite)
Jenna crossed her arms and got stern. "We don't eat cupcakes first! We have to eat our pizza." She was unflinching.
I dished out three cupcakes and left Jenna plateless. Halle took a big swipe of her frosting, licked it off her finger, and got a strange look on her face.
"Po-TAY-toes?" she exclaimed.
"APRIL FOOLS! I gotcha!" She was grossed out. They didn't fancy the pink with the potato-y flavor. But they ate them. We called it "Tony Loaf", like on Incredibles, you know?

And the pizza was awesome, btw.



3 comments:
I always know I'm going to get a good laugh when I read your posts! How creative you are!! Love it! Love it! Love it!!
That is so cute! Don't you just love the no-nonsense 5 year old behavior thoughts and words? Too funny. Glad that you were able to "get them!"
Aren't you just so clever? It's funny that Jenna is so insistent on following the rules.
Post a Comment