3.08.2009

How to get your kids to eat and enjoy WIC approved cereal




















Step One: Suggest, out of boredom, that having a tea party would be a fun activity for the afternoon. Suggest it to the enthusiastic, party-planning 5-year-old who doesn't let these kinds of things slide.

Step Two: Raid fridge and pantry. Discover that you are completely out of all things tea-party appropriate (juice, cookies, snack-y ANYTHING). Panic a bit. Shed a tear of frustration as you feel your awesome-mommyness crumbling.

Step Three: Grab a box of Frosted Mini Wheats. Rename them "crumpets". Say it in a bad British accent: "Dah-ling, would you like mo' crumpets? Is your water/tea to your liking?"

Step Four: Take that awesome-mommyness award and treat yourself to some more crumpets. You are awesome.

4 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

You really are good at sneaking that stuff.

Ryann said...

That is an awesome idea! Of course, my kids really like shredded mini wheats. Probably because that was the only thing that I really like to eat while pregnant with Hunter.

Suzi Hardy said...

Ahhh, a tea party! I LOVE tea parties. I love crumpets, I love water tea, I love fake British accents,I love the enthusicatic 5 year old and the creative mommy-ness. Sunday I was telling Radene about the tea party we had in our backyard one summer long ago...how the lizards served us and how we played croque...(I never could spell that word)but I didn't tell her about Mrs....and her twins!

Cami Jo said...

Hey- that's a much better idea than just dumping a bunch of sugar on their kix, or adding plain cheerios to a very high-in-sugar type of cereal to begin with. Crumpets eh? I'll give it a try!