
I got this idea out of a magazine to take stuff out of nature and create a home for the fairies to live in during the cold months. I thought, "Now here's something that even I, a low-energy, super prego mom could do with my kids." So, I presented the idea to Jenna and Halle and they were all for it. We started with the house, and it was looking pretty good until Jett threw his ball up the hill and let it roll down, right into the house! After that, we couldn't seem to get it to stay up like before, so we moved on to the path and the bridge. Jenna felt it was important for the fairies to make it safely down and across the small drainage ditch that has been carved at the bottom of our hill. It was such a fun afternoon, but the best part by far was the magic that seemed to surround our house as we watched for signs of fairies. I even caught myself peeking out the door a few times to see if I could catch any movement. That night, right before the girls went to bed, we crept out to look at the house. We didn't see any fairies, but the flower that Jenna left on the bridge was gone!
It reminded me how easy it is to have fun with your kids, because all they want is your attention and interaction.
And, magic is all around, and it only leaves when you don't believe in it anymore.
It reminded me how easy it is to have fun with your kids, because all they want is your attention and interaction.
And, magic is all around, and it only leaves when you don't believe in it anymore.
1 comment:
Okay...I have to admit...I envy you and the ideas you come up with...cuz of course you aren't like Martha Stuart who just steals everyone's ideas and stamps her name on the bottom! he he....I think it is wonderful that you allowed the opportunity for your girls to engage in such a creative and imaginative actvity! Kids need that sooo much nowadays! You have so many talents and you are such a great teacher! You should check out a blog on my blog...it's for moms...(think its called Thoughts of a mom...can't remember off the top of my head...)my friend just tries to put out all kinds of fun ideas you can do with your kids! Anyway...keep em coming, it will be fun to see your blog come to "life"!!! Miss ya'all and love ya!!!
Post a Comment